Read the dictionary definition of butt. All definitions for this word.
1. thick end of the handle
2. the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
3. a large cask (especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons)
4. a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
5. finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking
6. sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
7. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
1. he deserves a good kick in the butt
2. are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?
8. a victim of ridicule or pranks
9. the part of a plant from which the roots spring or the part of a stalk or trunk nearest the roots
10. to strike, thrust or shove against
1. He butted his sister out of the way
2. The goat butted the hiker with his horns
11. lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
1. Canada adjoins the U.S.
2. England marches with Scotland
12. place end to end without overlapping
1. The frames must be butted at the joints