Read the dictionary definition of tag. All definitions for this word.
1. (sports) the act of touching a player in a game (which changes their status in the game)
2. a game in which one child chases the others; the one who is caught becomes the next chaser
3. a small piece of cloth or paper
4. a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
5. a label associated with something for the purpose of identification
1. semantic tags were attached in order to identify different meanings of the word
6. provide with a name or nickname
7. attach a tag or label to
1. label these bottles
8. touch a player while he is holding the ball
9. supply (blank verse or prose) with rhymes
10. go after with the intent to catch
1. The policeman chased the mugger down the alley
2. the dog chased the rabbit