Read the dictionary definition of jibe. All definitions for this word.
1. an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
1. his parting shot was `drop dead'
2. she threw shafts of sarcasm
3. she takes a dig at me every chance she gets
2. shift from one side of the ship to the other
1. The sail jibbed wildly
3. be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
1. The two stories don't agree in many details
2. The handwriting checks with the signature on the check
3. The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of jibe