Read the dictionary definition of ghost. All definitions for this word.
1. a mental representation of some haunting experience
1. he looked like he had seen a ghost
2. it aroused specters from his past
2. a suggestion of some quality
1. there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone
2. he detected a ghost of a smile on her face
3. the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
4. a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
5. write for someone else
1. How many books have you ghostwritten so far?
6. haunt like a ghost; pursue
1. Fear of illness haunts her
7. move like a ghost
1. The masked men ghosted across the moonlit yard