Read the dictionary definition of go. All definitions for this word.
1. a board game for two players who place counters on a grid; the object is to surround and so capture the opponent's counters
2. a usually brief attempt
1. he took a crack at it
2. I gave it a whirl
3. street names for methylenedioxymethamphetamine
4. a time period for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else)
1. it's my go
2. a spell of work
5. enter or assume a certain state or condition
1. He became annoyed when he heard the bad news
2. It must be getting more serious
3. her face went red with anger
4. She went into ecstasy
5. Get going!
6. follow a certain course
1. The inauguration went well
2. how did your interview go?
7. pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
1. She died from cancer
2. The children perished in the fire
3. The patient went peacefully
4. The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102
8. be abolished or discarded
1. These ugly billboards have to go!
2. These luxuries all had to go under the Khmer Rouge
9. stop operating or functioning
1. The engine finally went
2. The car died on the road
3. The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town
4. The coffee maker broke
5. The engine failed on the way to town
6. her eyesight went after the accident
10. progress by being changed
1. The speech has to go through several more drafts
2. run through your presentation before the meeting
11. give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number
1. I plumped for the losing candidates
12. have a turn; make one's move in a game
1. Can I go now?
13. to be spent or finished
1. The money had gone after a few days
2. Gas is running low at the gas stations in the Midwest
14. be spent
1. All my money went for food and rent
15. go through in search of something; search through someone's belongings in an unauthorized way
1. Who rifled through my desk drawers?
16. perform as expected when applied
1. The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in
2. Does this old car still run well?
3. This old radio doesn't work anymore
17. change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically
1. How fast does your new car go?
2. We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus
3. The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect
4. The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell
5. news travelled fast
18. move away from a place into another direction
1. Go away before I start to cry
2. The train departs at noon
19. begin or set in motion
1. I start at eight in the morning
2. Ready, set, go!
20. make a certain noise or sound
1. She went `Mmmmm'
2. The gun went `bang'
21. follow a procedure or take a course
1. We should go farther in this matter
2. She went through a lot of trouble
3. go about the world in a certain manner
4. Messages must go through diplomatic channels
22. pass, fare, or elapse; of a certain state of affairs or action
1. How is it going?
2. The day went well until I got your call
23. be or continue to be in a certain condition
1. The children went hungry that day
24. continue to live and avoid dying
1. We went without water and food for 3 days
2. These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America
3. The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents
4. how long can a person last without food and water?
5. One crash victim died, the other lived
25. be awarded; be allotted
1. The first prize goes to Mary
2. Her money went on clothes
26. be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired
1. This piece won't fit into the puzzle
27. stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point
1. Service runs all the way to Cranbury
2. His knowledge doesn't go very far
3. My memory extends back to my fourth year of life
4. The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets
28. lead, extend, or afford access
1. This door goes to the basement
2. The road runs South
29. blend or harmonize
1. This flavor will blend with those in your dish
2. This sofa won't go with the chairs
30. be sounded, played, or expressed
1. How does this song go again?