Read the dictionary definition of date. All definitions for this word.
1. sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed
2. a meeting arranged in advance
1. she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date
3. a participant in a date
1. his date never stopped talking
4. the present
1. they are up to date
2. we haven't heard from them to date
5. the specified day of the month
1. what is the date today?
6. a particular day specified as the time something happens
1. the date of the election is set by law
2. we hope to get together at an early date
3. Mother's Day is always on the same date
7. the particular day, month, or year (usually according to the Gregorian calendar) that an event occurred
1. he tried to memorizes all the dates for his history class
8. assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of
1. Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings
9. provide with a dateline; mark with a date
1. She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated
10. stamp with a date
1. The package is dated November 24
11. go on a date with
1. Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart
12. date regularly; have a steady relationship with
1. Did you know that she is seeing an older man?
2. He is dating his former wife again!
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of date