Read the dictionary definition of code. All definitions for this word.
1. a coding system used for transmitting messages requiring brevity or secrecy
2. (computer science) the symbolic arrangement of data or instructions in a computer program or the set of such instructions
3. a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)
4. convert ordinary language into code
1. We should encode the message for security reasons
5. attach a code to
1. Code the pieces with numbers so that you can identify them later