Read the dictionary definition of beg. All definitions for this word.
1. call upon in supplication; entreat
1. I beg you to stop!
2. make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
1. Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce
2. My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities
3. dodge, avoid answering, or take for granted
1. beg the question
2. beg the point in the discussion
4. ask to obtain free
1. beg money and food
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of beg