Read the dictionary definition of today. All definitions for this word.
1. the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow)
1. Today is beautiful
2. did you see today's newspaper?
2. the present time or age
1. the world of today
2. today we have computers
3. in these times
1. it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished
2. we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets
3. today almost every home has television
4. on this day as distinct from yesterday or tomorrow
1. I can't meet with you today
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of today