Read the dictionary definition of say. All definitions for this word.
1. the chance to speak
1. let him have his say
2. give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
1. I said to him to go home
2. She ordered him to do the shopping
3. The mother told the child to get dressed
3. express a supposition
1. Let us say that he did not tell the truth
2. Let's say you had a lot of money--what would you do?
1. The clock says noon
5. communicate or express nonverbally
1. What does this painting say?
2. Did his face say anything about how he felt?
6. recite or repeat a fixed text
1. Say grace
2. She said her `Hail Mary'
7. speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way
1. She pronounces French words in a funny way
2. I cannot say `zip wire'
3. Can the child sound out this complicated word?
8. utter aloud
1. She said `Hello' to everyone in the office
9. express in words
1. He said that he wanted to marry her
2. tell me what is bothering you
3. state your opinion
4. state your name
10. state as one's opinion or judgement; declare
1. I say let's forget this whole business
11. report or maintain
1. He alleged that he was the victim of a crime
2. He said it was too late to intervene in the war
3. The registrar says that I owe the school money
12. have or contain a certain wording or form
1. The passage reads as follows
2. What does the law say?