Read the dictionary definition of rush. All definitions for this word.
1. the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner
1. in his haste to leave he forgot his book
2. (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running into the line
1. the linebackers were ready to stop a rush
3. a sudden burst of activity
1. come back after the rush
4. a sudden forceful flow
5. the swift release of a store of affective force
1. they got a great bang out of it
2. what a boot!
3. he got a quick rush from injecting heroin
4. he does it for kicks
6. physician and American Revolutionary leader; signer of the Declaration of Independence (1745-1813)
7. grasslike plants growing in wet places and having cylindrical often hollow stems
8. urge to an unnatural speed
1. Don't rush me, please!
9. act or move at high speed
1. We have to rush!
2. hurry--it's late!
10. attack suddenly
11. cause to occur rapidly
1. the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions
12. move hurridly
1. He rushed down the hall to receive his guests
2. The cars raced down the street
13. cause to move fast or to rush or race
1. The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze
14. run with the ball, in football
15. done under pressure
1. a rush job
16. not accepting reservations