Read the dictionary definition of ruin. All definitions for this word.
1. destruction achieved by causing something to be wrecked or ruined
2. a ruined building
1. they explored several Roman ruins
3. failure that results in a loss of position or reputation
4. an event that results in destruction
5. the process of becoming dilapidated
6. an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction
1. you have brought ruin on this entire family
7. fall into ruin
8. deprive of virginity
1. This dirty old man deflowered several young girls in the village
9. destroy completely; damage irreparably
1. You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!
2. The tears ruined her make-up
10. reduce to ruins
1. The country lay ruined after the war
11. reduce to bankruptcy
1. My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!
2. The slump in the financial markets smashed him
12. destroy or cause to fail
1. This behavior will ruin your chances of winning the election