Read the dictionary definition of reed. All definitions for this word.
1. a musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed
2. a vibrator consisting of a thin strip of stiff material that vibrates to produce a tone when air streams over it
1. the clarinetist fitted a new reed onto his mouthpiece
3. United States physician who proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes (1851-1902)
4. United States journalist who reported on the October Revolution from Petrograd in 1917; founded the Communist Labor Party in America in 1919; is buried in the Kremlin in Moscow (1887-1920)
5. tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of reed