Read the dictionary definition of punt. All definitions for this word.
1. (football) a kick in which the football is dropped from the hands and kicked before it touches the ground
1. the punt traveled 50 yards
2. punting is an important part of the game
2. an open flat-bottomed boat used in shallow waters and propelled by a long pole
3. formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence
4. place a bet on
1. Which horse are you backing?
2. I'm betting on the new horse
5. propel with a pole
1. pole barges on the river
2. We went punting in Cambridge
6. kick the ball