Read the dictionary definition of pilot. All definitions for this word.
1. an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
2. small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner
3. something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies
1. this painting is a copy of the original
4. a program exemplifying a contemplated series; intended to attract sponsors
5. someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight
6. a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor
7. act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance
1. Is anyone volunteering to navigate during the trip?
2. Who was navigating the ship during the accident?
8. operate an airplane
1. The pilot flew to Cuba