Read the dictionary definition of peg. All definitions for this word.
1. a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
2. a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
3. regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
4. a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
5. informal terms for the leg
1. fever left him weak on his sticks
6. small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
7. stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations
1. The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar
8. fasten or secure with a wooden pin
1. peg a tent
9. pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into
10. succeed in obtaining a position
1. He nailed down a spot at Harvard
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of peg