Read the dictionary definition of most. All definitions for this word.
1. the superlative of `much' that can be used with mass nouns and is usually preceded by `the'; a quantifier meaning the greatest in amount or extent or degree
1. made the most money he could
2. what attracts the most attention?
3. made the most of a bad deal
2. (superlative of `many' used with count nouns and often preceded by `the') quantifier meaning the greatest in number
1. who has the most apples?
2. most people like eggs
3. most fishes have fins
3. (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but
1. the job is (just) about done
2. the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded
3. we're almost finished
4. the car all but ran her down
5. he nearly fainted
6. talked for nigh onto 2 hours
7. the recording is well-nigh perfect
8. virtually all the parties signed the contract
9. I was near exhausted by the run
10. most everyone agrees
4. used to form the superlative
1. the king cobra is the most dangerous snake
1. a most welcome relief
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of most