Read the dictionary definition of meet. All definitions for this word.
1. a meeting at which a number of athletic contests are held
2. contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle
1. Princeton plays Yale this weekend
2. Charlie likes to play Mary
3. fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction
1. does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?
2. This job doesn't match my dreams
3. meet a need
4. be in direct physical contact with; make contact
1. The two buildings touch
2. Their hands touched
3. The wire must not contact the metal cover
4. The surfaces contact at this point
5. meet by design; be present at the arrival of
1. Can you meet me at the train station?
6. come together
1. I'll probably see you at the meeting
2. How nice to see you again!
7. undergo or suffer
1. meet a violent death
2. suffer a terrible fate
8. collect in one place
1. We assembled in the church basement
2. Let's gather in the dining room
9. get together socially or for a specific purpose
10. get to know; get acquainted with
1. I met this really handsome guy at a bar last night!
2. we met in Singapore
11. be adjacent or come together
1. The lines converge at this point
12. experience as a reaction
1. My proposal met with much opposition
13. being precisely fitting and right
1. it is only meet that she should be seated first
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of meet