Read the dictionary definition of like. All definitions for this word.
1. a kind of person
1. We'll not see his like again
2. I can't tolerate people of his ilk
2. a similar kind
1. dogs, foxes, and the like
2. we don't want the likes of you around here
3. feel about or towards; consider, evaluate, or regard
1. How did you like the President's speech last night?
4. be fond of
1. I like my nephews
5. find enjoyable or agreeable
1. I like jogging
2. She likes to read Russian novels
6. prefer or wish to do something
1. Do you care to try this dish?
2. Would you like to come along to the movies?
7. want to have
1. I'd like a beer now!
8. resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination
1. suits of like design
2. a limited circle of like minds
3. members of the cat family have like dispositions
4. as like as two peas in a pod
5. doglike devotion
6. a dreamlike quality
9. having the same or similar characteristics
1. all politicians are alike
2. they looked utterly alike
3. friends are generally alike in background and taste
10. equal in amount or value
1. like amounts
2. equivalent amounts
3. the same amount
4. gave one six blows and the other a like number
5. the same number
11. conforming in every respect
1. boxes with corresponding dimensions
2. the like period of the preceding year