Read the dictionary definition of lick. All definitions for this word.
1. (boxing) a blow with the fist
1. I gave him a clout on his nose
2. touching with the tongue
1. the dog's laps were warm and wet
3. a salt deposit that animals regularly lick
4. find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of
1. did you solve the problem?
2. Work out your problems with the boss
3. this unpleasant situation isn't going to work itself out
4. did you get it?
5. Did you get my meaning?
6. He could not work the math problem
5. take up with the tongue
1. The cat lapped up the milk
2. the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast
6. beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight
1. We licked the other team on Sunday!
7. pass the tongue over
1. the dog licked her hand
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of lick