Read the dictionary definition of hurt. All definitions for this word.
1. the act of damaging something or someone
2. a damage or loss
3. feelings of mental or physical pain
4. psychological suffering
1. the death of his wife caused him great distress
5. any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
6. give trouble or pain to
1. This exercise will hurt your back
7. feel pain or be in pain
8. cause damage or affect negatively
1. Our business was hurt by the new competition
9. cause emotional anguish or make miserable
1. It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school
10. hurt the feelings of
1. She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests
2. This remark really bruised my ego
11. feel physical pain
1. Were you hurting after the accident?
12. be the source of pain
13. damaged; used of inanimate objects or their value
14. suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle
1. nursing his wounded arm
2. ambulances...for the hurt men and women