Read the dictionary definition of hop. All definitions for this word.
1. the act of hopping; jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)
2. an informal dance where popular music is played
3. twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes; the dried flowers of this plant are used in brewing to add the characteristic bitter taste to beer
4. travel by means of an aircraft, bus, etc.
1. She hopped a train to Chicago
2. He hopped rides all over the country
5. jump lightly
6. make a jump forward or upward
7. jump across
1. He hopped the bush
8. traverse as if by a short airplane trip
1. Hop the Pacific Ocean
9. move quickly from one place to another