Read the dictionary definition of hire. All definitions for this word.
1. the act of hiring something or someone
1. he signed up for a week's car hire
2. a newly hired employee
1. the new hires need special training
3. engage for service under a term of contract
1. We took an apartment on a quiet street
2. Let's rent a car
3. Shall we take a guide in Rome?
4. engage or hire for work
1. They hired two new secretaries in the department
2. How many people has she employed?
5. hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services