Read the dictionary definition of herd. All definitions for this word.
1. a group of cattle or sheep or other domestic mammals all of the same kind that are herded by humans
2. a group of wild mammals of one species that remain together: antelope or elephants or seals or whales or zebra
3. a crowd especially of ordinary or undistinguished persons or things
1. his brilliance raised him above the ruck
2. the children resembled a fairy herd
4. move together, like a herd
5. cause to herd, drive, or crowd together
1. We herded the children into a spare classroom
6. keep, move, or drive animals
1. Who will be herding the cattle when the cowboy dies?