Read the dictionary definition of gig. All definitions for this word.
1. a booking for musicians
1. they played a gig in New Jersey
2. small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and no hood
3. tender that is a light ship's boat; often for personal use of captain
4. long and light rowing boat; especially for racing
5. a cluster of hooks (without barbs) that is drawn through a school of fish to hook their bodies; used when fish are not biting
6. an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish