Read the dictionary definition of commute. All definitions for this word.
1. a regular journey of some distance to and from your place of work
1. there is standing room only on the high-speed commute
2. exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
1. Could you convert my dollars into pounds?
2. He changed his name
3. convert centimeters into inches
4. convert holdings into shares
3. exchange a penalty for a less severe one
4. change the order or arrangement of
1. Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word
5. exchange positions without a change in value
1. These operators commute with each other
6. travel back and forth regularly, as between one's place of work and home