Read the dictionary definition of cling. All definitions for this word.
1. fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit
2. hold on tightly or tenaciously
1. hang on to your father's hands
2. The child clung to his mother's apron
3. come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation
1. The dress clings to her body
2. The label stuck to the box
3. The sushi rice grains cohere
4. to remain emotionally or intellectually attached
1. He clings to the idea that she might still love him.