Read the dictionary definition of child. All definitions for this word.
1. a young person of either sex
1. she writes books for children
2. they're just kids
3. `tiddler' is a British term for youngster
2. a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age
1. they had three children
2. they were able to send their kids to college
3. an immature childish person
1. he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived
2. stop being a baby!
4. a member of a clan or tribe
1. the children of Israel