Read the dictionary definition of bat. All definitions for this word.
1. (baseball) a turn trying to get a hit
1. he was at bat when it happened
2. he got four hits in four at-bats
2. nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate
3. a club used for hitting a ball in various games
4. the club used in playing cricket
1. a cricket bat has a narrow handle and a broad flat end for hitting
5. a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash
6. wink briefly
1. bat one's eyelids
7. beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight
1. We licked the other team on Sunday!
8. strike with, or as if with a baseball bat
1. bat the ball
9. use a bat
1. Who's batting?
10. have a turn at bat
1. Jones bats first, followed by Martinez