Read the dictionary definition of PRY. All definitions for this word.
1. a heavy iron lever with one end forged into a wedge
2. be nosey
1. Don't pry into my personal matters!
3. to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open
1. The burglar jimmied the lock
2. Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail
4. make an uninvited or presumptuous inquiry
1. They pried the information out of him
5. search or inquire in a meddlesome way
1. This guy is always nosing around the office