Read the dictionary definition of LOOK. All definitions for this word.
1. the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually
1. he went out to have a look
2. his look was fixed on her eyes
3. he gave it a good looking at
4. his camera does his looking for him
2. physical appearance
1. I don't like the looks of this place
3. the feelings expressed on a person's face
1. a sad expression
2. a look of triumph
3. an angry face
4. the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
1. the feel of the city excited him
2. a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting
3. it had the smell of treason
5. have a certain outward or facial expression
1. How does she look?
2. The child looks unhappy
3. She looked pale after the surgery
6. have faith or confidence in
1. you can count on me to help you any time
2. Look to your friends for support
3. You can bet on that!
4. Depend on your family in times of crisis
7. look forward to the probable occurrence of
1. We were expecting a visit from our relatives
2. She is looking to a promotion
3. he is waiting to be drafted
8. convey by one's expression
1. She looked her devotion to me
9. perceive with attention; direct one's gaze towards
1. She looked over the expanse of land
2. Look at your child!
3. Look--a deer in the backyard!
10. give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect
1. She seems to be sleeping
2. This appears to be a very difficult problem
3. This project looks fishy
4. They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time
11. search or seek
1. We looked all day and finally found the child in the forest
2. Look elsewhere for the perfect gift!
12. take charge of or deal with
1. Could you see about lunch?
2. I must attend to this matter
3. She took care of this business
13. accord in appearance with
1. You don't look your age!
14. be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
1. The house looks north
2. My backyard look onto the pond
3. The building faces the park