Read the dictionary definition of BE. All definitions for this word.
1. a light strong brittle grey toxic bivalent metallic element
2. spend or use time
1. I may be an hour
3. work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function
1. He is a herpetologist
2. She is our resident philosopher
4. have an existence, be extant
1. Is there a God?
5. have the quality of being; (copula, used with an adjective or a predicate noun)
1. John is rich
2. This is not a good answer
6. have life, be alive
1. Our great leader is no more
2. My grandfather lived until the end of war
7. be identical to; be someone or something
1. The president of the company is John Smith
2. This is my house
8. form or compose
1. This money is my only income
2. The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance
3. These constitute my entire belonging
4. The children made up the chorus
5. This sum represents my entire income for a year
6. These few men comprise his entire army
9. occupy a certain position or area; be somewhere
1. Where is my umbrella?
2. The toolshed is in the back
3. What is behind this behavior?
10. be identical or equivalent to
1. One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!
11. represent, as of a character on stage
1. Derek Jacobi was Hamlet
12. be priced at
1. These shoes cost $100
13. to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form
1. let her be
14. happen, occur, take place
1. I lost my wallet; this was during the visit to my parents' house
2. There were two hundred people at his funeral
3. There was a lot of noise in the kitchen