Read the dictionary definition of win. All definitions for this word.
1. a victory (as in a race or other competition)
1. he was happy to get the win
2. something won (especially money)
3. be the winner in a contest or competition; be victorious
1. He won the Gold Medal in skating
2. Our home team won
3. Win the game
4. obtain advantages, such as points, etc.
1. The home team was gaining ground
2. After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference
3. win points
5. win something through one's efforts
1. I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese
2. Gain an understanding of international finance
3. win someone's confidence and friendship
6. acquire or deserve by one's efforts or actions
1. its beauty won Paris the name 'City of Lights'
7. attain success or reach a desired goal
1. The enterprise succeeded
2. We succeeded in getting tickets to the show
3. she struggled to overcome her handicap and won