Read the dictionary definition of vex. All definitions for this word.
1. be a mystery or bewildering to
1. This beats me!
2. Got me--I don't know the answer!
3. a vexing problem
4. This question really stuck me
2. subject to prolonged examination, discussion, or deliberation
1. vex the subject of the death penalty
3. change the arrangement or position of
4. disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress
1. I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me
5. cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
1. Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me
2. It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves