Read the dictionary definition of tin. All definitions for this word.
1. airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
2. metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
3. a vessel (box, can, pan, etc.) made of tinplate and used mainly in baking
4. a silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide
5. prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
6. preserve in a can or tin
1. tinned foods are not very tasty
7. plate with tin