Read the dictionary definition of sorrel. All definitions for this word.
1. a horse of a brownish orange to light brown color
2. large sour-tasting arrowhead-shaped leaves used in salads and sauces
3. East Indian sparsely prickly annual herb or perennial subshrub widely cultivated for its fleshy calyxes used in tarts and jelly and for its bast fiber
4. any of certain coarse weedy plants with long taproots, sometimes used as table greens or in folk medicine
5. any plant or flower of the genus Oxalis
6. of a light brownish color