Read the dictionary definition of itch. All definitions for this word.
1. an irritating cutaneous sensation that produces a desire to scratch
2. a strong restless desire
1. why this urge to travel?
3. a contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite; characterized by persistent itching and skin irritation
1. he has a bad case of the itch
4. have a strong desire or urge to do something
1. She is itching to start the project
2. He is spoiling for a fight
5. scrape or rub as if to relieve itching
1. Don't scratch your insect bites!
6. have or perceive an itch
1. I'm itching--the air is so dry!
7. cause to perceive an itch
1. his skin itched