Read the dictionary definition of gothic. All definitions for this word.
1. a style of architecture developed in northern France that spread throughout Europe between the 12th and 16th centuries; characterized by slender vertical piers and counterbalancing buttresses and by vaulting and pointed arches
2. a heavy typeface in use from 15th to 18th centuries
3. extinct East Germanic language of the ancient Goths; the only surviving record being fragments of a 4th-century translation of the Bible by Bishop Ulfilas
4. characterized by gloom and mystery and the grotesque
1. gothic novels like `Frankenstein'
5. as if belonging to the Middle Ages; old-fashioned and unenlightened
1. a medieval attitude toward dating
6. of or relating to the Goths
1. Gothic migrations
7. of or relating to the language of the ancient Goths
1. the Gothic Bible translation
8. characteristic of the style of type commonly used for printing German