Read the dictionary definition of finger. All definitions for this word.
1. one of the parts of a glove that provides covering for a finger or thumb
2. any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb)
1. her fingers were long and thin
3. the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
4. indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
5. examine by touch
1. Feel this soft cloth!
2. The customer fingered the sweater
6. feel or handle with the fingers
1. finger the binding of the book
7. search for on the computer
1. I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of finger