Read the dictionary definition of entry. All definitions for this word.
1. the act of entering
1. she made a grand entrance
2. the act of beginning something new
1. they looked forward to the debut of their new product line
3. something that provides access (to get in or get out)
1. they waited at the entrance to the garden
2. beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral
4. an item inserted in a written record
5. something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition)
1. several of his submissions were rejected by publishers
2. what was the date of submission of your proposal?
6. a written record of a commercial transaction