Read the dictionary definition of dressing. All definitions for this word.
1. the act of applying a bandage
2. the activity of getting dressed; putting on clothes
3. processes in the conversion of rough hides into leather
4. a cloth covering for a wound or sore
5. making fertile as by applying fertilizer or manure
6. a mixture of seasoned ingredients used to stuff meats and vegetables
7. savory dressings for salads; basically of two kinds: either the thin French or vinaigrette type or the creamy mayonnaise type