Read the dictionary definition of cost. All definitions for this word.
1. the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
1. the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver
2. he puts a high price on his services
3. he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection
2. value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
1. the cost in human life was enormous
2. the price of success is hard work
3. what price glory?
3. the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
4. require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice
1. This mistake cost him his job
5. be priced at
1. These shoes cost $100