Read the dictionary definition of birth. All definitions for this word.
1. the event of being born
1. they celebrated the birth of their first child
2. a baby born; an offspring
1. the overall rate of incidence of Down's syndrome is one in every 800 births
3. the process of giving birth
4. the kinship relation of an offspring to the parents
5. the time when something begins (especially life)
1. they divorced after the birth of the child
2. his election signaled the birth of a new age
6. cause to be born
1. My wife had twins yesterday!
See also: Merriam-Webster definition of birth