Read the dictionary definition of bell. All definitions for this word.
1. a hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
2. the flared opening of a tubular device
3. a percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer; used as an orchestral instrument
4. a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
5. the sound of a bell being struck
1. saved by the bell
2. she heard the distant toll of church bells
6. United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
7. English painter; sister of Virginia Woolf; prominent member of the Bloomsbury Group (1879-1961)
8. a phonetician and father of Alexander Graham Bell (1819-1905)
9. the shape of a bell
10. (nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship's bell; eight bells signals 4:00, 8:00, or 12:00 o'clock, either a.m. or p.m.
11. attach a bell to
1. bell cows