Read the dictionary definition of RECORD. All definitions for this word.
1. the sum of recognized accomplishments
1. the lawyer has a good record
2. the track record shows that he will be a good president
2. an extreme attainment; the best (or worst) performance ever attested (as in a sport)
1. he tied the Olympic record
2. coffee production last year broke all previous records
3. Chicago set the homicide record
3. sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
4. a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted
1. he ruled that the criminal record of the defendant could not be disclosed to the court
2. the prostitute had a record a mile long
5. a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone
1. Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'
2. his name is in all the record books
6. anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events
1. the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques
7. a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction
1. they could find no record of the purchase
8. the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had
1. at 9-0 they have the best record in their league
9. indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments
1. The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero
2. The gauge read `empty'
10. register electronically
1. They recorded her singing
11. make a record of; set down in permanent form
12. be aware of
1. Did you register any change when I pressed the button?