Read the dictionary definition of CALM. All definitions for this word.
1. steadiness of mind under stress
1. he accepted their problems with composure and she with equanimity
2. wind moving at less than 1 knot; 0 on the Beaufort scale
3. cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to
1. The patient must be sedated before the operation
4. make steady
1. steady yourself
5. become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation
1. After the fight both men need to cool off.
2. It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again.
6. make calm or still
1. quiet the dragons of worry and fear
7. (of weather) free from storm or wind
1. calm seas
8. not agitated; without losing self-possession
1. spoke in a calm voice
2. remained calm throughout the uproar
3. he remained serene in the midst of turbulence
4. a serene expression on her face
5. she became more tranquil
6. tranquil life in the country