Read the dictionary definition of AS. All definitions for this word.
1. a United States territory on the eastern part of the island of Samoa
2. a very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms; arsenic and arsenic compounds are used as herbicides and insecticides and various alloys; found in arsenopyrite and orpiment and realgar
3. to the same degree (often followed by `as')
1. they were equally beautiful
2. birds were singing and the child sang as sweetly
3. sang as sweetly as a nightingale
4. he is every bit as mean as she isRead definition of AS on Wiktionary